I've been lucky in never having to spend the night in the airport due to cancellations/delays/other travel problems...well...this streak ended last night as the thunderstorms in Dallas forced my airline to cancel any and all flights to KC. The scene went something like this:
airline guy: your flight has been cancelled, no flights to KC
me: okay (trying hard not to burst into tears...it was a long day and I was tired...and how was I going to brush my teeth?!)
airline guy: is it just you flying?
me: yes
airline guy: do you have anyone you know here?
me: no
airline guy: is there anyone you can stay with here?
me: umm...no
airline guy: well...most hotels are booked due to all the flight cancellations, the best I can do is re-route you through Chicago and you will get to KC by 5:45 tomorrow afternoon
me: (don't cry, don't cry, don't cry) umm...isn't there anything sooner?
airline guy: no
and then I left. I found another agent who go me on the first flight which was at 6:35 in the morning...this sounded like a better option...I'm just glad that all of the nights at the Maryland Science Center (for the youth conference) prepared me for a night sleeping on the cold, cold floor of the airport. It wasn't bad...I'm just super tired today.
Otherwise wedding was good, trip to San Diego was good...more stories later...nap time for Katie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
We all have one...whether it's written down or not. You know what it is...the list of things that we want to do...before we die, or may...
-
Being reading a lot lately and feeling inspired. First up is a book borrowed from my sister, but it's actually my sister-in-law's ...
3 comments:
Katie, I can't believe you didn't call me! You totally could have stayed with my family in Fort Worth. Oh well. I had a pretty rough night/day of flying as well. I will post soon.
in all reality...it was only like 6 hours of airport time...it wouldn't have been worth going anywhere...thanks though! Sorry the red-eye didn't go as well as planned!
dude... that sounds horrible! :( I'm sorry you got stuck at the airport. Do they play Footloose at 6am in the airport too???
Post a Comment