It's hot...hotter than hot. I realize that most of the nation is going through this right now...and it is summer...and I shouldn't complain....but I'm going to. I just don't know why I bother to shower in the morning. I've been lucky and have escaped most summers by:
A) going to the pool everyday (having a job as a lifeguard really does have it's perks)
B) working in a nice air-conditioned hospital or doctor's office
C) moving to Montana...where sometimes it's hot...but not so much humid
So this is all new to me...the public transportation, the crowded city streets, the wearing of professional clothes while you have to walk from one end of campus to the other...I hate DC in the summer. The heat just makes me that much more cranky...and I don't want to be that person...grrr...
However: good things: lunch with a friend from Glacier (who is more likely to give me the scoop on things going on there...more so than Lincoln is), 10 more days left of my job!, good Thai food and some much needed time away from the high schoolers, and the promise of getting out of the city soon! Yay!
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
We all have one...whether it's written down or not. You know what it is...the list of things that we want to do...before we die, or may...
-
Being reading a lot lately and feeling inspired. First up is a book borrowed from my sister, but it's actually my sister-in-law's ...
1 comment:
I won't say Boston isn't hot, but it is probably better than DC. Come visit!
Also, have you hit the cake place yet? That guy's bio was inspiring though I'm not about to become a baker. I had an unfortunate cupcake incident last week.
Post a Comment