Okay, now to revisit a few things. I just switched to working part time for the park which I thought would give me lots of time to search for jobs, learn new skills (like what InDesign is all about and how to type using home-row), and make delicious healthy dinners for myself. So far, I have spent a lot of time travelling, going out to eat, and being addicted to social media networks (why, twitter, why?). Awesome. But with these things have come fun times. Enter my San Francisco trip.
I combined a lot of things into this trip: a sightseeing adventure with my brother and sister-in-law, a music festival, and a chance to catch up with a friend that made the move from the east coast to now living a mere block away from the Full House park. Yes, that park. Do I know it's real name? Uh, no. Added bonus: seeing my college roommate and the newest little addition to her family: baby Ty!
So sightseeing in San Francisco included a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge (of course), a ferry ride to Sausalito (beautiful), accidentally finding Lombard Street (is it really the crookedest of all streets?), eating a delicious burger at Gotts and a latte at Blue Bottle Coffee (love the Ferry Building!), honing my navigating skillz (yes, skillz), hiking through Muir Woods, and examining the tide pools full of starfish at Muir Beach. Whew. What a great, busy, fun-filled day.
I then navigated my way to Amy's for a Full House Park photo shoot, Mojo's Bike bar (such a great happy hour), Amy got me drunk and we ate pizza? Uh, yes? Then the next day travelled to the far away, (but no so far away) lovely Treasure Island for a music festival. When people asked what kind of music was playing, I could only reply with indie electronica? And said it like it was a question. I am not really sure myself only I do know that I danced. A lot. And it was super fun. Some of my favorites like Geographer (SF band!) and YACHT were there, and some surprised me by how much I liked them (thanks The Naked and Famous and Battles). There were other activities there: a ferris wheel, a fake tattoo parlor, a human-powered postcard machine, lots of cool vendors (one who gave us some of the whiskey she snuck in!), trampolines, Grandma's house (think of mid 20 year olds dressed up and acting like your grandmother), a DIY arts and craft tent, the poemstore (aforementioned) and silent disco. The music was so amazing, the food was delicious, the beer was costly ($9, yikes), but what a great time! It might become an annual tradition (as long as Amy lives there).
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
We all have one...whether it's written down or not. You know what it is...the list of things that we want to do...before we die, or may...
-
Being reading a lot lately and feeling inspired. First up is a book borrowed from my sister, but it's actually my sister-in-law's ...
No comments:
Post a Comment