My friend Michelle scored 4 free tickets to a concert so we all went to the Uptown Theatre on Friday to see...Eddie Money. Who? Yeah....I had no idea either, but it was free entertainment and live music is always fun. Eddie Money was kind-of big in the early 80's. He sings "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight" ("just like Ronnie says, be my little baby"). See, you know the songs, just not the name. Our favorite part was when he dedicated one song to "my ladies of the 80s". We were babies of the 80s and probably the youngest people there...but still...had fun!
The Tor-ster (my niece, Tori) turns one soon so we had her birthday party this past weekend. So cute with frosting all over her face! I wish I had brought my camera...someday...you will see pictures of these cute kids! Big brother Jake was a big helper guy and gladly facilitated the opening of her gifts!
Exciting news: I found an apartment right off of the Plaza and will be moving there the end of December. It's super close to work (which was something that I was looking for) and depending on safety levels and warmness of weather...I may be able to walk to work? I'm hoping so...I just need to feel out the neighborhood first! But if you ever are coming to KC...let me know...there is floor space for you and I love company!
My friend Andy is in New Zealand and I'm jealous! I think the longer I am away, the more I miss it! Maybe someday back for a visit. I've got a lot of places in the states that I need to visit before I go back to New Zealand. First on the list: Boston! then DC in the spring to visit my friends there, than I want to go west to the Washington and Oregon areas and maybe swing through Montana. Wait...how many vacation days do I have?
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
We all have one...whether it's written down or not. You know what it is...the list of things that we want to do...before we die, or may...
-
Being reading a lot lately and feeling inspired. First up is a book borrowed from my sister, but it's actually my sister-in-law's ...
2 comments:
Yay Boston! And also, I have always loved Two Tickets to Paradise. Old classic rockers still playing are fun!
yay for new things happening! can't wait to see the new place in KC. :) congrats on the new place and the new job!!!
Post a Comment