things I have thus learned from working this job:
"So" is my filler word - My boss was observing me facilitate and in 30 minutes I said "so" 11 times. I guess it would be more drawn out...like "sooooo". What can I say...it gives me time to think of what to say next
my reasons for getting jobs that are temporary/quitting jobs frequently - truth be told, I burn out so, so easily. I invest a lot into my job and I work very hard for the time that I have it. I quit/leave jobs once I start to not forgive myself for the mistakes that I make thinking that they are inexcusable. I guess I feel like when you first have a job that it's okay to make those mistakes because you're new...but once that wears off...I think, "what has happened to me?" And if I leave a job without doing something totally stupid...i think, "Wow, made it out just in time." Also a reason for burnout...I totally overthink everything. It makes me tired but I can't turn it off. When I was working in the hospital...i thought about my patients every night in the sense of what I could have done better that day, if I did a, b and c would that patient's outcome be different? It's the same with my scholars. I had one leave our conference in Princeton and it made me sad...and I couldn't help but think what I could have done differently that might have kept her there. In all reality, she left...and it happened not because of me...it just happened. It's hard to work at a job where you feel guilty all the time...it exhausts you...so that's why i think I leave
Drinking out of a bucket is never a good idea - enough said
I like being really busy - Although I often complain about how tired I am and how much I can't wait for a break...I really dislike my free time of doing not so much at home. Sure, sitting around watching movies all day sounds like fun...unless you have developed a very short attention span in the last few months and cannot sit still...
I have 1 (one!) more conference in Orlando, then a month at home before I head back to Leek's. Please come to Kansas City for that month that I'm there...I'll need something to keep me from going crazy from having no job!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
STORAGE by MARY OLIVER When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...
-
We all have one...whether it's written down or not. You know what it is...the list of things that we want to do...before we die, or may...
-
Being reading a lot lately and feeling inspired. First up is a book borrowed from my sister, but it's actually my sister-in-law's ...
1 comment:
what?!?! you are going to the tetons??? kate and i are visiting glacier for a week and you won't even be there?!
Post a Comment