Monday, January 21, 2008

and back

I know, it's been awhile. I've not been feeling blog-worthy lately. Things are happening...lots of things...but I feel to try and be funny, or do any sort of justice to the events going on in my life...I just couldn't summon the words. But then again, it's not like my writing has been anything great to start with...so here we go....

KC, Boston, Spain, Boston, DC, KC

You wouldn't think that the above is a lot of travelling but all these trips equated to about a good 2 days in the airport...most of it waiting...yeah...that was me trying to call you in an effort to divert myself from becoming increasing frustrated that my plane was delayed due to the fact that there was too much ice and snow on the plane to let it take off.

Spain was amazing! My favorite part has to be all of Gaudi's modernista buildings. No straight lines, nature-like, well lit and ventilated. He really was an architect with ideas way before his time. I didn't have to use my Spanish much...which was a good thing as I remembered hardly any of it. However, lots of cool things to see, interesting things to eat, tours to take, chocolate con churros ("I want to throw up chocolate!") The Olympic stadium and all surrounding sculptures in Barcelona were also pretty cool to see. I think we did a good job of "doing it up Barca-style" (a quote we heard a jerk of an American use...and then joking used it in all situations possible).

1 comment:

supersonicjan said...

oooh post pictures! so since you never get back to me via blog or facebook, i don't know when you're around, but i'm on peds outpatient right now and can kind of hang out if you want... mostly weekends are best for me (not this friday night though... am on call in the ER)

STORAGE by MARY OLIVER

  STORAGE by MARY OLIVER  When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...