Friday, May 04, 2007

work, work, work

all day long...

I have to work 5 days in a row this week. Only four are actual working days and one is a meeting day...so many meetings when you actually stay on one floor in the hospital! So I'm not really looking forward to that but usually the days go by super quick...and I AM GOING TO MAKE IT! There was a time when I couldn't really fathom how I was going to get through the next six months but...it's gone by so fast...thank goodness. There will be much celebrating come the first week in July (and also some leaving as well...)

I went out with some girls after work on Wednesday and it was...interesting to say the least. We went with my friend who was just recently dis-engaged 1 week before her wedding. It turned into a She-Woman Man Hating Club conversation in which I happily sat silent. I don't know if it's because I'm young, or I'm lucky, or I'm super naive...but I still have faith in the institution of marriage and honestly believe that there is someone for everyone. Not saying that there aren't hard times and heartbreak, but it made me sad...to hear their stories. I still don't know how good it is to go out with people from work...there is some gossip that I just don't want to hear about my co-workers, and it makes me worried because I'm sure they say things about me when I'm not around...I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Wish me luck...I'll be ready for some rest by Thursday!

2 comments:

Lincoln said...

Gossip sucks...although I readily partake. I'm a horrible person. I, too, wonder what people say about me when I'm not around. Good for you for staying silent though.

supersonicjan said...

ok, so did you mean for me to get that adam sandler as the janitor song in my head???? gonna take off the spray paint with turpentine... thanks a lot

STORAGE by MARY OLIVER

  STORAGE by MARY OLIVER  When I moved from one house to another there were many things I had no room for. What does one do? I rented a st...